5.12.2015

The Child Who Asked The Moon

Art by Heatherlee Chan | Pinterest

A child, as she loved the moon,
Once wondered,
“Why do you sometimes disappear?
I scan the huge, dark ceiling and
sometimes you are hiding, and
I am sad.”

The moon, stricken and alarmed,
Answered her,
“Terribly sorry, my sweet deaar,
But it is not my doing,
It is the clouds who shroud me
And cover me and hide me.”

The child then turned to the clouds
And wonders,
“Why do you shroud and cover and hide?
Do you not see how beautiful she is?”

The clouds answered,
“My apologies, sweet child,
Who longs to see the moon.
But it is not my doing,
We only follow where the wind tells us to go.”

The child then turned to the wind
And asks,
“Why do you let the moon be covered and hidden?
Do you not like how beautiful she is?”

The wind answered,
“Sympathies, little light,
Who longs to see the moon.
But it is not my doing,
I am pulled by the force of the mighty sea.”

The child then turned to the vast, mighty sea
And asks,
“You are so far from the moon!
Why do you let the moon be covered and hidden?
Do you reject her beauty and charm?”

The vast, mighty sea answered,
“Little one, I am sorry for you.
You have come all this way
To ask me why I would let
The beauty of the moon wither and fade,
When it is only her whom I follow.

Her power moves me,
As I move the wind,
As he moves the clouds

As they cover the moon.”

- Sigrid

0 comments:

Post a Comment