2.06.2015

Caleruega

If you are my Facebook friend, or if you follow me on Instagram, malamang lamang nagsawa ka na looking at the photos I've uploaded. Hahahaha. But seriously, Caleruega was amazing and really was the perfect place for my senior retreat.






Anyway, of course I didn't just take pictures* and maximize the buffet (lol). There was really a lot of learning and reflecting and listening. I cried more times than I can count hahaha (In my defense, I'm PMSing so I'm allowed to get sniffy and snotty every so often haha). Anyway, I tried my best to take notes or just plain remember the stuff discussed during the sessions, most of them I can relate to kasi. So here, I'd like to share with you some of the stuff I learned from my 3-day retreat.

It is in knowing that comes loving. You cannot love a person that you do not know.
-St. Thomas Aquinas

Very important to quote St. Thomas Aquinas hahaha. But really, it makes sense. When you love, you feel a kind of devotion to a person. And being devoted to someone is a heavy thing, one that requires not only plain emotions but also intellect. Loving is a decision, not something that you just feel. It must always be accompanied with learning and effort. Moreover, accdg to Fr. Ziggy, you cannot love yourself if you do not know yourself because in knowing comes appreciation and in appreciation comes inspiration and in inspiration comes devotion.



It is important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. Otherwise you are left with words you should have said but never did, and your heart is heavy with remorse.
-Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Sa mga nakakaalam ng dramatic na kwento ng buhay ko, oo, eto nga yung ginawa ko pag uwing pag uwi ko galing Caleruega. For all of you out there: yes, people, it's true. It eases the heart knowing that you've said what you needed to say. And not just say it like out on the internet or via phone text or call, you have to face that person. Only then does it become real.


Travel light.

Two words. Struck forever. Maybe because it is so simple I have never thought of it. Travel light, of course! It was an invitation to carry around less baggage, because that way we don't have much to look after. We feel freer knowing there are less stuff we have to drag around. We won't have to worry about the baggage others would have to carry for us when we let them.


When I say "I forgive you", I don't mean I'm okay or that everything is going to be okay. I don't mean I want to start over. I only mean I'm tired and I want to move on, and for both of us to start moving on, we need to have a better memory to hold on to.

 ALMOST CRIED. Nuff said. I just can't stress how much I related to this. And not just regarding my recently failing relationship but with everyone I've had heartbreaks with before. It kind of summed up all I needed to hear. I've decided I want to try and be adult about everything I do, and I kind of felt like I needed to start here, with all my emotional baggage. Like, maybe it's time I let go of all the hurt I keep within, so I can make room for love and happiness. IT'S SAPPY but it's also true.



*Check out my IG feed for more photos from Caleruega, plus my other photos. Mehehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment