11.09.2014

#NoDayButToday

"Time lets us see what has been seen and learn from it. We've always known what’s important, and looking back at the stuff we did lets us know how to get it right. We've been around for a long time, someone somewhere surely must have been where you are, and we can always learn from them to keep people dear to us close. When we don’t, we end up alone and missing out on the stuff that makes us who we are. Because in the end, aren't we all just living in each other’s stories?"

November 8th, 2014. The first spin-off play I've ever written was performed by the class I belong to. I was at my proudest that day. I was so happy I almost cried. It was the best thing yet I've ever done and it made me feel belong.

I swear, while I was watching them perform, I was thinking about my highschool experience. About how now I feel okay about leading a group of people towards a single goal. About how, finally, it was my story that people were telling. It took me 4 years and a play to feel belong.

#NoDayButToday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment