1.12.2015

The boys who taught me how to kiss

This goes to Gabriel, who used to push me on the swing in third grade. I gave him a cookie the next day. Then he gave me his orange juice the following day. Then it was the weekend and I didn't see him. On monday, he pushed Caitlin on the swing. 

To Nathan, who read at the eighth grade level when we were in the sixth. He would always tell me to read. And I grew to love reading. He wrote me long letters and walked me home from school. The last letter he wrote for me was short. It said, "I'm sorry."

To Bobby, who gave me a card, Valentine's Day 2005. It was very sweet and had little hearts on the bottom. When I found the card stuck under my desk, I walked over to him to thank him. He laughed at me and his friends laughed at me. It was a prank card.

To Devin, who I had the best summer with. We stayed up all night talking and he played his guitar while I sang. He listened to my stories and I listened to his. He had to leave for college. It was a short summer but seemed like the longest.

To Victor, who took me to see Green Day on his birthday and bought me a Green Day shirt. He made me a mixed CD. He borrowed it one time, and I'm quite sure it was the that CD playing when I caught him kissing some girl at a party.

To Jared, who painted a lot. He made a portrait of me. He made a painting from when we went to the beach. He became too busy and ended up choosing to move to Europe and pursue his art career.

To Andrew, who told me he liked my bestfriend. He broke the strings of my guitar the same day he broke my heart.

To Will, who taught me it is always better to tell the truth even if it hurt. I realized it's okay to get hurt because pain always teaches and it is always good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment