3.25.2014

The Omegle Reality

Yep, keep telling yourself that.

You know omegle?
It's this free chat website where you can randomly chat with anyone who's also on Omegle. Now they have this feature called Interests, where you can specify your interests and hopefully find someone with similar interests (halata bang nag-o-Omegle din ako hahaha).
It's fun, trust me hahaha.

If you ask me, using Omegle is fun, and I believe it's kind of popular. Try mo. As in now na, go to omegle.com at makipagchat ka dun. I'll wait.

Moving on, why do people find Omegle interesting?

Sure, people can find interesting people to talk to there. Once, I met this guy who was into the exact same stuff as I was. We talked about Pokemon and My Chemical Romance for a good two hours, then we disconnected. I learned so much, in turn I was able to influence him to listen other bands I was into. I made a close, temporary internet friend.

But I don't think that's the main reason. Brace yourselves...



You know the many worlds theory of quantum mechanics? I'm not gonna go into the mathematical postulates and the string theory or Schrodinger's cat paradox or whatever, but here's what you need to know: there is a scientific theory that says that maybe anything that can happen, does. And it exists on a different universe, one that we cannot observe, because we are already living in one universe.

Watch this video, it kinda sums up my point. For real, watch the video because you will not get the next part of this article.



As mentioned, everyone would love the idea of parallel universes, because it's where all of our regrets, all of that DID NOT happen to us may be happening there. If you totally regret letting out that fart during an interview, don't worry, because in a parallel universe, you didn't. If you missed that one chance to talk to your highschool crush, don't worry, because in a parallel universe, you are dating him/her. If you're failing your classes, don't worry because in a parallel universe you may be a dean's lister. All of the things that we know didn't happen to us is happening or has happened in another universe.

So ano ngayon?

Point is, that "multiverse" hope we get is quite similar to our use of Omegle. We're anonymous, we can easily say we're the best Pokemon trainer or we were middle school friends with Chloe Grace Moretz herself. Omegle, and actually the internet in general, lets us create images of ourselves free from disappointment and regrets. Online, we're the best people out there. Online, we're awesome. Online, we're popular and friendly and successful.


But really, is that what we want to tell ourselves?




0 comments:

Post a Comment