4.02.2013

Would you like to learn French?


Bonjour!
Hahaha. “Bonjour” means good day, so if it’s evening then, “bonsoir!” which means good evening.


I have been posting a LOT of French stuff all over everything: Facebook, Twitter, and even here.

Let me tell you something, mon lecteurs.
I'm not French. But I fell in love with them.

It all started when a friend told me to listen to Voir Sur Ton Chemin, a soundtrack by Bruno Coulais from the French musical Les Choristes. Here’s the song:


If it doesn't work, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWxu8S6QdqU

Really awesome, right? I fell in love with it the first time I heard it. I downloaded all the other soundtracks looked for a copy of the musical itself. I searched for the lyrics, but I realized knowing the lyrics is not enough, I had to understand. So I went searching for the translation. Apparently there are hundreds, and of course, I wanted the most accurate. That’s when I realized I wanted to study the language and be able to apply it.

I went for self-tutoring. Alangan naming mag-lessons pa ko. First I searched for common words and phrases, and then downloaded recordings. I also bought a French-English dictionary. On my spare time I studied French grammar online.

Self-tutoring went on for 3 months, after which I became very busy. I can only give little time to study. Moreover, I don’t know anyone who speaks French fluently, so I wasn’t able to really practice. Currently, I'm back to French 101.

Perseverance pays. Studying, practicing, preparing is the way to success. Whoever told you you have limits, they’re wrong. Everything can be done and mastered with practice.

If didn’t practice enough and given it enough time, I wouldn’t be fluent in French. But I'm not, because I didn’t study and practice enough. See the point?

Also, tres bien means very good. Hahaha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment